Now that we are done developing a simple mobile app using Appery.io’s mobile app development platform, it is time to test the app. Here is a recap of what we did. We created two screens for our app, one for registering a user or logging in and another for adding products to the inventory of a user and listing them too.
1. To get started, click on the Test menu option inside the app builder.
2. The mobile app is launched in the test browser. Choose the resolution, enter a valid username and password to connect to the mobile app.
3. On successful login, you will be directed to the “Products” page as shown in the screenshot below. Enter a new product “Item1” in the input and click “ADD“.
The newly added product is added for this user and displayed on the Products page. Similarly, you can test the register user flow as well.
Deploying a mobile app to Heroku
The Appery.io mobile app development platform provides you two options to host/deploy your mobile app:
1. Appery.io hosting – You app will be deployed to the Appery.io servers with options to use either an appery.io or custom domain name.
2. Heroku hosting – You app will be deployed on the Heroku cloud environment.
In this section, we look at the steps required to deploy the mobile app to the Heroku platform.
2. Since we have already developed the “herokumobileapp”, navigate to the “Hosting” section for this app as shown below in the screenshot.
3. Click on “Heroku hosting” option and sign in to your Heroku account.
5. A list of existing Heroku apps available in your account will be displayed.
6. Click on “Add Heroku app” and enter a new app name of choice.
7. Your mobile app will be deployed/published to the Heroku environment with the URL http://appname.herokuapp.com/startpage. “startpage” is the page configured in appery.io app builder to contain the first page of the app.
8. The startpage of your app is now available to use in the browser. As per the mobile app we developed, enter the user credentials to login to your mobile app service.
9. Step 9: As expected, the user is directed to the Products page of the mobile app.
You can add or supercharge this application with additional features at the click of a button. Such is the beauty of the platform that you hardly need to write any code. That ends this series of blogs related to mobile app development on appery.io. There are some great videos on appery.io site. Go check them out!!!